Fascinated by Mathematics?
Pursue your interest through these organizations.
Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes is a residential program of intensive, enrichment courses, including Introduction to Logic, Number Theory, Mathematical Puzzles & Games, Discrete Mathematics, and the Mathematics of Symmetry
- Stanford High School Summer College gives high school students an opportunity to enroll as a Stanford student during the summer quarter and earn college credit. Courses include: Introduction to Scientific Computing, Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Differential Calculus of Several Variables
- University-Level Online Mathematics offers largely self-paced courses designed for students who have advanced beyond AP Calculus and want to earn a Continuing Studies credit.
- Stanford Math Circles offers quarter-long evening sessions focused on problem solving for local elementary, middle and high school students.
For other opportunities at Stanford, refer to the Stanford Mathematics Department.
Innovative Off-Campus Programs
- The Proof School—A new school in San Francisco for mathematically driven students.
- National Association of Math Circles
- Bay Area Mathematical Adventures
Other Bay Area Math Circles
- San Jose Math Circle
- Berkeley Math Circle
- Oakland/East Bay Math Circle
- San Francisco Math Circle
- Nueva Math Circle
- The Euler Circle (Palo Alto)
Enrichment Programs in Mathematics
- Hampshire College Summer Studies in Mathematics—For mathematically talented high school students.
- Euclid Lab
- MathPath—Advanced Summer Camp for students ages 11–14 who show great promise in and a love for mathematics.
- AwesomeMath Summer Program—A three-week intensive summer camp for mathematically gifted students from around the globe.
- Texas Mathworks Honors Summer Math Camp—The Texas Mathworks Honors Summer Math Camp (HSMC) is an intensive multi-summer program for outstanding high school students who are excited about mathematics. The goal of the program is to develop talented youth of all backgrounds by providing challenging courses in a unique learning environment.