One day each weekend, students are taken by chartered bus on excursions to points of cultural, historical, or recreational interest in the San Francisco Bay Area.
SUMaC participants will be taken three weekend excursions during the program. These field trips are designed to introduce students to the local area and provide opportunities for recreational and cultural enrichment. Students will visit San Francisco, as well as a beach near Santa Cruz.
Examples of field trips from past years include:
- The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), the deYoung Museum, or the Legion of Honor in San Francisco
- Theatrical performances at ACT in San Francisco or CalShakes in Orinda
- Musical performances at the San Francisco Symphony, San Francisco Opera, and others
- Capitola, a picturesque Northern California beach town
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Muir Woods or Big Basin State Park
Transportation, lunch, and entrance fees are included for all participants.