SUMaC Applications Are Now Closed.
Joing our mailing list to be notified of when our 2019 application opens.
Students currently in grades 10 or 11 are eligible. SUMaC is for students who are sophomores and juniors at the time of application, and who have an exceptional interest and ability in mathematics.
- Completion of the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies Preliminary Application.
Completion of the Online Application (available after completing the Preliminary Application), consisting of:
- Submission of a copy of your school transcript or most recent grade report. (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.)
- A teacher recommendation from one or more teachers qualified to comment on your performance and ability in the area of mathematics.
- A copy of a recent standardized exam score report.
- Submission of the SUMaC Admissions Exam. (Students must first select a Course Preference in the application before they can view the Admissions Exams page.)
- Submit all of the above by the posted deadline.
Financial aid is available in the form of partial and full scholarships. Aid is granted based upon need, as well as other factors including merit. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Once you have started the application process you will have access to our Financial Aid application. The application should be submitted within one week of the main SUMaC application.
Admission is competitive.
SUMaC students are selected based on their grades in math courses, their performance on standardized math exams and math contests, their teacher recommendations, their reasons for wanting to come to SUMaC as expressed on the SUMaC application, and their performance on the SUMaC admission exam. Particular emphasis is placed on the admission exam, which is a collection of challenging math problems for applicants to work on at home over an extended period.